QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
When is the GMAT given?
The GMAT is given year round during normal business hours. There is often one week during each month in which the test is not offered.
How important is the GMAT and how is it used?
It is crucial! Although business schools may consider other factors, the vast majority of admission decisions are based on only two criteria: your GMAT score and your GPA.
How many times should I take the GMAT?
Most people are better off preparing thoroughly for the GMAT, taking it one time and getting their top score. You can take the test as often as you like, but many business schools will average your scores. You should call the schools to which you are applying to find out their policy. Then plan your strategy accordingly.
Can I cancel my score?
Yes. When you finish the test, the computer will offer the option of canceling the test or accepting it. If you cancel the test, neither you nor any school will see your score. If you accept the test, the computer will display your score and it will be available to all schools.
Where can I get the registration forms?
Most colleges and universities have the forms. You can also get them directly from the Graduate Management Admission Council by writing to:
Attention: GMAT Program
PO Box 581907
Minneapolis, MN 55458-1907
or calling 1-800-717-4628
If you like this material, you’ll love the course!
This interactive, comprehensive self-study course presents the equivalent of over 600 pages of printed material, including hundreds of GMAT examples and problems and feedback from GMAT experts to your questions. In addition, the powerful learning engine StudyDesk increases your learning efficiency by monitoring your progress and directing you to areas where you need further study. All for only $50! Click here to view the course.
- Ask Questions! Our instructors monitor StudyDesk to answer your questions. StudyDesk also records the step where you make a mistake or ask a question. This is just one of many powerful educational tools in StudyDesk.
- Highly Interactive: You can take notes, view solutions, and view reports, etc.
- Versatile: You can access the course from any computer at any time.
- Statistics: Your performance on the exercises is saved and you may review your performance and check solutions at any time. You can also check your ranking based on all students taking the course. How cool is that!
- Guarantee: If, at the end of the course, you do not feel sufficiently prepared for the test, you may repeat the course for free — with full access to our instructors.