GRE Math Test
Click the link immediately below to view the GRE Verbal Diagnostic test.
1. If x and y are both prime and greater than 2, then which of the following CANNOT be a divisor of xy?
|Column A||x and y are integers greater than 1.||Column B|
|2(x + y)||2xy|
3. In the figure shown, y =
4. If x = 3y = 4z, which of the following must equal 6x?
II. 3y + 20z
III. (4y + 10z)/3
(A) I only
(B) II only
(C) III only
(D) I and II only
(E) I and III only
5. The average of four numbers is 20. If one of the numbers is removed, the average of the remaining numbers is 15. What number was removed?
6. The ratio of two numbers is 10 and their difference is 18. What is the value of the smaller number?
7. If 3y + 5 = 7x, then 21y – 49x =
8. Seven years ago, Scott was 3 times as old as Kathy was at that time. If Scott is now 5 years older than Kathy, how old is Scott?
(A) 12 1/2
(C) 13 1/2
(E) 14 1/2
Click here for Answers and Solutions.
If you like this material, you’ll love the course!
This interactive, comprehensive self-study course presents the equivalent of over 600 pages of printed material, including hundreds of GRE examples and problems and feedback from GRE experts to your questions. In addition, the powerful learning engine StudyDesk increases your learning efficiency by monitoring your progress and directing you to areas where you need further study. All for only $19.95!. Click the link above for more information or call 1-310-275-3513.
- Ask Questions! Our instructors monitor StudyDesk to answer your questions. StudyDesk also records the step where you make a mistake or ask a question. This is just one of many powerful educational tools in StudyDesk.
- Highly Interactive: You can take notes, view solutions, and view reports, etc.
- Versatile: You can access the course from any computer at any time.
- Statistics: Your performance on the exercises is saved and you may review your performance and check solutions at any time. You can also check your ranking based on all students taking the course. How cool is that!
- Guarantee: If, at the end of the course, you do not feel sufficiently prepared for the test, you may repeat the course for free — with full access to our instructors.