QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
When is the SAT * given?
The SAT is administered seven times a year–in October, November, December, January, March, May, and June–on Saturday mornings. Special arrangements for schedule changes are available.
If I didn’t mail in a registration form, may I still take the SAT?
On the day of the test, walk-in registration is available, but you must call ETS in advance. You will be accommodated only if space is available–it usually is.
How important is the SAT and how is it used?
It is crucial! Although colleges may consider other factors, the majority of admission decisions are based on only two criteria: your SAT score and your GPA.
How many times should I take the SAT?
Most people are better off preparing thoroughly for the SAT, taking it one time and getting their top score. You can take the test as often as you like, but some schools will average your scores. You should call the schools to which you are applying to find out their policy. Then plan your strategy accordingly.
Can I cancel my score?
Yes. To do so, you must notify ETS within 5 days after taking the SAT.
Where can I get the registration forms?
Most high schools have the forms. You can also get them directly from ETS by writing to:
Scholastic Assessment Test (ETS)
Educational Testing Service
P.O. Box 6200
Princeton, NJ 08541
Or calling 609-771-7600.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this Web site.
If you like this material, you’ll love the course!
This interactive, comprehensive self-study course presents the equivalent of over 600 pages of printed material, including hundreds of SAT examples, problems, videos, and feedback from SAT experts to your questions. All for only $29.95! Click the link above for more information or call 1-310-275-3513.
- Ask Questions! Our instructors monitor StudyDesk to answer your questions.
- Highly Interactive: You can search the course for any topic, view solutions, and view reports.
- Videos: More than 500 videos guide you through the concepts and examples.
- Versatile: You can access the course from any computer at any time.
- Statistics: Your performance on the exercises and tests is saved and you may review your performance and check solutions at any time.
- Guarantee: If, at the end of the course, you do not feel sufficiently prepared for the test, you may repeat the course for free — with full access to our instructors.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.