QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
When is the SAT * given?
The SAT is administered seven times a year–in October, November, December, January, March, May, and June–on Saturday mornings. Special arrangements for schedule changes are available.
If I didn’t mail in a registration form, may I still take the SAT?
On the day of the test, walk-in registration is available, but you must call ETS in advance. You will be accommodated only if space is available–it usually is.
How important is the SAT and how is it used?
It is crucial! Although colleges may consider other factors, the majority of admission decisions are based on only two criteria: your SAT score and your GPA.
How many times should I take the SAT?
Most people are better off preparing thoroughly for the SAT, taking it one time and getting their top score. You can take the test as often as you like, but some schools will average your scores. You should call the schools to which you are applying to find out their policy. Then plan your strategy accordingly.
Can I cancel my score?
Yes. To do so, you must notify ETS within 5 days after taking the SAT.
Where can I get the registration forms?
Most high schools have the forms. You can also get them directly from ETS by writing to:
Scholastic Assessment Test (ETS)
Educational Testing Service
P.O. Box 6200
Princeton, NJ 08541
Or calling 609-771-7600.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this Web site.
Fast and Smart SAT Software
Every year students pay $600+ to test prep companies to prepare for the SAT. Now, you can get the same preparation in a test prep software program for a fraction of the cost!
There is no quick fix that will allow you to “beat” the SAT, but our test prep software will prepare you to master it. First, work your way through our guided lessons reviewing and analyzing SAT content. Next, take your time to do as many SAT-style practice problems as you need! Our software contains hundreds of practice problems, all with detailed explanations to help you to the right answer.
A significantly improved SAT score for only $47? You can’t afford not to try it!
- Progress tracking
- Vocabulary builder
- Math: Seventeen Lessons, with exercises, (provide comprehensive review of SAT math properties, including the new concepts from Algebra II.
- Reading Comprehension: Develop the ability to spot places from which questions are likely to be drawn as you read a passage.
- Writing: Comprehensive analysis of the SAT Essay, including writing techniques, punctuation, grammar, rhetoric, and style.
- 506 in-depth video explanations of questions.
Click the link below for more information.
* SAT is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.