TOEFL Facts and Information
The TOEFL® iBT is a five-hour, online test for non-native English speakers to demonstrate their proficiency in academic English language.
The TOEFL iBT is divided into four test sections:
|Listening||60-90 min||2-3 dialogues
|Reading||60-100 min||3-5 essays||30/30|
|Speaking||20 min||2 independent tasks
4 integrated tasks
|Writing||50 min||1 integrated task
1 independent task
The TOEFL iBT is not a pass or fail test; scores go up to 120, with a higher score indicating higher proficiency.
To register for the TOEFL iBT, visit the ets website.
If you like this material, you’ll love the course!
This interactive, comprehensive self-study course presents the equivalent of 800 pages of printed material, including hundreds of TOEFL examples and problems and feedback from TOEFL experts to your questions. All for only $29.95!. Click the link above for a tour of the course.
- Ask Questions! Our instructors monitor StudyDesk to answer your questions.
- Highly Interactive: You can take notes, view solutions, and view reports, etc.
- Versatile: You can access the course from any computer at any time.
- Statistics: Your performance on the exercises is saved and you may review your performance and check solutions at any time.
- Guarantee: If, at the end of the course, you do not feel sufficiently prepared for the test, you may repeat the course for free — with full access to our instructors.