TOEFL Facts and Information
The TOEFL® iBT is a five-hour, online test for non-native English speakers to demonstrate their proficiency in academic English language.
The TOEFL iBT is divided into four test sections:
|Listening||60-90 min||2-3 dialogues
|Reading||60-100 min||3-5 essays||30/30|
|Speaking||20 min||2 independent tasks
4 integrated tasks
|Writing||50 min||1 integrated task
1 independent task
The TOEFL iBT is not a pass or fail test; scores go up to 120, with a higher score indicating higher proficiency.
To register for the TOEFL iBT, visit the ets website.
If you like this material, you’ll love the course!
This interactive, comprehensive self-study course presents the equivalent of 800 pages of printed material, including hundreds of TOEFL examples and problems and feedback from TOEFL experts to your questions. In addition, the powerful learning engine StudyDesk increases your learning efficiency by monitoring your progress and directing you to areas where you need further study. All for only $49.95!. Click the link above for a tour of the course.
- Ask Questions! Our instructors monitor StudyDesk to answer your questions. StudyDesk also records the step where you make a mistake or ask a question. This is just one of many powerful educational tools in StudyDesk.
- Highly Interactive: You can take notes, view solutions, and view reports, etc.
- Versatile: You can access the course from any computer at any time.
- Statistics: Your performance on the exercises is saved and you may review your performance and check solutions at any time. You can also check your ranking based on all students taking the course. How cool is that!
- Guarantee: If, at the end of the course, you do not feel sufficiently prepared for the test, you may repeat the course for free — with full access to our instructors.